Game publisher Playdius and Persistant Studios just released Boiling Bolt, a frantic, 2.5D, twin-stick shooter that reminds me of UN Squadron mixed with Geometry Wars, which is definitely a good thing.
In Boiling Bolt, you are June, a young rebel struggling to defend her island against the evil, slaving bastards who basically conquered the world decades ago. So...you got a good amount of motivation. You find a ship impregnated with a Boiling Boil fragment, a mystical, mythic relic that gets its power from the creation of the world. Then? You get to the shootin'.
Out now on Steam, Boiling Bolt is 20% off until December 12th, 2017, so you gotta move fast to save that cheese.
Check out some features below, and watch the trailer. This bad-boy looks like it's gonna be addictive.
- Dynamic weapons and abilities to equip that offer custom strategies.
- Play with time and use Slow Motion to dodge and control the action.
- Playable up to two player in co-op, in arcade and various additional games modes.
- Use your arsenal to its full potential (Plasma Whip, Thunder Lock, Warp Launcher...)
- Master the bullet time to reach the highest scores
- Play through 5 different levels
- Different play modes ( Arcade, Free run, One Shot One Kill...).
- 30 Challenges to accomplish
- Play solo or in coop mode
- Compare your score with the online ranking
- Personalise your ship's characteristics at the shop
- Enjoy fascinating 3D graphics, impressive special effects and 2D manga animation